Hey everyone.

I've been working on a remade version of our Storm Shards plugin, and today we're finally ready to release it!

The system is largely the same, however it was recreated to be more efficient and customizable for the server. I've still got a bit of work to do as far as polishing the plugin, but it's overall done, although I may add more features in the future.

/data/storm-history/t466_imgur-VWY7HAi.png
The new shard description

Your old storm shards will no longer work, however you can convert them to the new shards with the command below.

/shardconvert <amount>

Please note your new shards will be dropped at your feet, so be sure you're in a safe place so you don't lose your new shard.

You cannot however convert your old items that were improved with a storm shard, however those items should be able to work with the new system.

/data/storm-history/t466_imgur-ncKeClI.png
The new improved item descriptions

The new system is unique from the old one in a few ways. The largest difference is the method in which you apply storm shards to your items. Instead of adding the item you'd like to combine with a shard in an anvil, you need to go to the windmill at spawn and stand on the emerald block inside of the windmill while it is raining, you can then use the command /shard to apply a storm shard in your inventory to a sword, axe, bow, or piece of armor that you are holding. The only other major difference is there are now only 5 levels instead of 10, and there is currently no risk of your item breaking while upgrading.

/data/storm-history/t466_imgur-FZwWFYi.png

/data/storm-history/t466_imgur-yf6wCKp.png

You can also use the command /shardbonus to see your current damage and defense bonuses.
/data/storm-history/t466_imgur-Ti6qwud.png

Please note the values here aren't calculated correctly, the actual bonuses are 4.5% and 3% to weapons/armor respectively.
 
Nice!

I like the emerald block system, since that's pretty unique. Since the server rains all the time I suppose it won't be an issue either.
 
I got a storms hard yesterday and the description said to use it in an anvil but I put a sword and the storm shard in the anvil but it said that this won't do anything. I'm kind of confused.
 
ULecks said:
I got a storms hard yesterday and the description said to use it in an anvil but I put a sword and the storm shard in the anvil but it said that this won't do anything. I'm kind of confused.
That was yesterday, aka, it was an old shard.

Use /shardconvert 1 to change it into a new shard, then follow the directions in the thread to upgrade your weapon.
 
mlyn148 said:
That was yesterday, aka, it was an old shard.

Use /shardconvert 1 to change it into a new shard, then follow the directions in the thread to upgrade your weapon.
Ok thanks mlyn I know that was the old shard but yesterday I was confused but thanks
 
BTW don't put it on armor or it makes you take more damage than before
full diamond armor lvled up fully will kill you with 2-3 hits.... yw