Hey everyone!
I've been doing some more minor tweaks recently, nothing on it's own deserves an announcement so I'll just add it all up into this single one, I'll also be covering what I see for the future of The Storm.
Firstly, a lot of various changes. Lots of stuff most people won't notice too, but it doesn't matter.
New 1.8 blocks now lockable
After tonights restart, all 1.8 items should be lockable. This means all of the new doors, gates, and iron trapdoors. Also we will be tweaking the lock limits soon. Currently everyone is allowed 200 locks, it'll likely be lowered to 100.
Spells disabled in spawn
Probably long overdue, this should prevent people from torturing each other in spawn. And from kidnapping guards.
Mob Arena boss changes
In a couple of days, I'll be tweaking the Mob Arena around some more, the biggest addition will be potion effects to bosses, meaning that they won't be *as* boring as they currently are. No specifics on this yet, check back later.
Skills cap raised; lots of tweaks
Another change I'll be making in the near future is raising the skills cap, as well as tweaking how Skills experience works and the minimum levels for abilities. I'll also be doing various other changes.
GUI for commands
Something that I'm working on is a simple inventory-based GUI for commands. Nothing too major, but it should allow you to forget a few commands.
Spell tweaks
Eventually, I'll be redoing most spells as far as cost and cooldowns go. Right now everything has a rather high cost and CD, which I made to prevent any abuse. Now that we've broken the system in, I think I can allow you to have a little more fun with it.
Polishing of Quests and Titles
Quests will be refined a bit more, to make them easier for people to understand without having to visit the wiki, and overall being a more fun experience to do. Titles don't save/load properly and I'm looking into possible solutions.
And a bunch of miscellaneous changes that I don't care to list.
As for the future...
Overall, I feel that The Storm is in a fairly good position. I still have a lot of work to do in order to create the experience that I want, however nothing comes without hard work and time. I have a few ideas on how to improve the server, many of which I work on when I have the chance. I won't stop working on the server anytime soon, however recently we haven't had any 'huge' additions, we will soon, right when I get the chance to polish a few things I've been trying to figure out recently.
I've been doing some more minor tweaks recently, nothing on it's own deserves an announcement so I'll just add it all up into this single one, I'll also be covering what I see for the future of The Storm.
Firstly, a lot of various changes. Lots of stuff most people won't notice too, but it doesn't matter.
New 1.8 blocks now lockable
After tonights restart, all 1.8 items should be lockable. This means all of the new doors, gates, and iron trapdoors. Also we will be tweaking the lock limits soon. Currently everyone is allowed 200 locks, it'll likely be lowered to 100.
Spells disabled in spawn
Probably long overdue, this should prevent people from torturing each other in spawn. And from kidnapping guards.
Mob Arena boss changes
In a couple of days, I'll be tweaking the Mob Arena around some more, the biggest addition will be potion effects to bosses, meaning that they won't be *as* boring as they currently are. No specifics on this yet, check back later.
Skills cap raised; lots of tweaks
Another change I'll be making in the near future is raising the skills cap, as well as tweaking how Skills experience works and the minimum levels for abilities. I'll also be doing various other changes.
GUI for commands
Something that I'm working on is a simple inventory-based GUI for commands. Nothing too major, but it should allow you to forget a few commands.
Spell tweaks
Eventually, I'll be redoing most spells as far as cost and cooldowns go. Right now everything has a rather high cost and CD, which I made to prevent any abuse. Now that we've broken the system in, I think I can allow you to have a little more fun with it.
Polishing of Quests and Titles
Quests will be refined a bit more, to make them easier for people to understand without having to visit the wiki, and overall being a more fun experience to do. Titles don't save/load properly and I'm looking into possible solutions.
And a bunch of miscellaneous changes that I don't care to list.
As for the future...
Overall, I feel that The Storm is in a fairly good position. I still have a lot of work to do in order to create the experience that I want, however nothing comes without hard work and time. I have a few ideas on how to improve the server, many of which I work on when I have the chance. I won't stop working on the server anytime soon, however recently we haven't had any 'huge' additions, we will soon, right when I get the chance to polish a few things I've been trying to figure out recently.