Weemich

New member
Not being able to break blocks outside of towns and the mining world

Think of the new people that join when no one is online, they are going to get confused as to why they can't break blocks and leave. I can see why you want to protect the world but not the entire thing, maybe 1000x1000 but the whole world is simply put, overkill.
 
lex_mine said:
1000x1000? That would be in my town range so I wont get a benefit from this
Its never a good idea to build close to spawn on any server. The spawn might expand for example and then your place will have to be moved or destroyed, also most servers don't allow building within a 1000x1000 area. I understand your very close but some of us are at or close to the world border and its really annoying being limited to building and/or mining within our towns.
 
Weemich said:
Its never a good idea to build close to spawn on any server. The spawn might expand for example and then your place will have to be moved or destroyed, also most servers don't allow building within a 1000x1000 area. I understand your very close but some of us are at or close to the world border and its really annoying being limited to building and/or mining within our towns.
o my town isnt in 1000 blocks gg
 
lex_mine said:
so ~3 towns have to be moved/destroyed if this will happen

k..
Yes i guess they would, but all of the other towns shouldn't suffer because 3 people decided to build too close to spawn, I do see the dilemma though.
 
The world protection was made so that people would be made to join a community instead of just having isolated people on their own.
 
You can easily go to the mining world if you need to gather materials, the protection ensures that we know where we can and can't place things in the world for quests, prevents griefing, and keeps the world looking nice.

It also ensures that town claims won't be over someone else's property.
 
RiotShielder said:
You can easily go to the mining world if you need to gather materials, the protection ensures that we know where we can and can't place things in the world for quests, prevents griefing, and keeps the world looking nice.

It also ensures that town claims won't be over someone else's property.
My concerns are new people joining the server, forcing them into the mining world if no one is online isnt very fair also doing stuff this way takes the "Minecraft" out of Minecraft, its ment to be an open world sandbox not glorified plots in a huge world that cant be touched because it might get a bit messy. Minecraft can be a very pretty game but it can also produce some ugly things, thats what a sandbox game is and should be allowed to be.
 
Weemich said:
My concerns are new people joining the server, forcing them into the mining world if no one is online isnt very fair also doing stuff this way takes the "Minecraft" out of Minecraft, its ment to be an open world sandbox not glorified plots in a huge world that cant be touched because it might get a bit messy. Minecraft can be a very pretty game but it can also produce some ugly things, thats what a sandbox game is and should be allowed to be.
We'll be adding an area for new players to explain the server to them, most of the time there is at least one person online.

It's not glorified plots at all, towns are large in size and can easily expand as they need to. The benefits of being able to keep a clean and controlled map outweighs the ability to build anywhere, especially when we have a map dedicated to just that, even if it does reset.
 
I just need the perks to come out soon, so we can disable pvp in town and have more control. I hope craft book stays... that was soo useful.
 
IMO. I agree. I don't like always going to the mining world to get minerals and wood, etc. If i found say sugar can 2 blocks out of my town that i couldn't find in the mining world i'd have to claim that block just to get the item. And also, about community building, I feel if you build in unprotected areas they would be allowed to be griefed. That would add more incentive for new players to join towns and become part of the town community that everyone tried to achieve in the last server, but not many succeed as well as me. I found myself seeing new players join the server, build a dirt shack in my town, and leave to never return. If we make it so that joining a town is essentially mandatory, then there wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying this just because im too lazy to always go to mining world, I just think it would make for a better experience for all.